Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nothin Gonna Break My Stride

I am off and running crafting.  Yesterday was Day 1 of Summer Card Camp 2011.   Every Monday we are given the "Weekly Color Combination" and shown cards from the "Camp Counselors", Jennifer and Kristina.  I downloaded the yesterday's PDF, and then it was out the door.  I met up with some friends to plan our "Stamp Camp" nights for the next 12 months.  Tonight I got home and got straight to work on making a card using this week's color combination which is:

 Pink, Purple, Orange, Sky Blue and White

I will give you a minute to wrap your head around that.  I have to admit I was in a bit of a panic.  That is too many colors for me.  But I was up for the challenge.  This is the card I came up with:



I can see will have to work on my picture taking skills also. The fish is from Unity Stamps, it is stamped with Stampin'Up Purely Pomegranate on Only Orange card stock.  I used Stampin' Up glossy white card stock and stamped the sun with Yo Yo Yellow, the waves (CTMH 'On the Beach') with Brilliant Blue and the bubbles (Stampendous 'Changito Bubbles',just the bubbles not the monkeys) with VersaMark, then I embossed with Ranger Embossing Powder 'Holographic'.  the embossing powder sticks even though I used 'classic inks' because they are stamped on glossy card stock.  Then I used a brayer and rolled Soft Sky, Baja Breeze and Pacific Point to create the background.  I outlined my fish with Sakura Jelly Roll pen in 'Clear Star'.  I finished the card with Pink Passion card stock on a white base.  The inside sentiment reads "If love were water I'd give you the ocean", also from Unity Stamps.

Although I was challenged by the color combination and the number of colors I had to use, this is the first card I have created and made in less than one hour.  I tend to obsess over the details. I have decided that is one thing I would REALLY like to achieve during Summer Camp.  I would like to be able to consistently create and finish a card in less than one hour. 

I am now off to download today's files....it's Technique Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment