Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A good layout (or Card) is like an Onion....

...it has layers!! Yep I am channeling my inner Shrek. I was doing my usual blog surfing this morning and while checking Cindy's blog I came to that realization. I know many of you are sitting there going "DUH??? What did you think?" I will tell you why it to me so long to come to this conclusion.

I started scrapping roughly 4 years ago. Miss H's girl scout troop did a unit on scrapping and had a CM demonstrator come in and show them some basics. Miss H came home all excited and wanted this, that,this and OHHHH one of those. So I had a CM party. My intro to scrapping. Well, you know how certain things people say stick in your head?? The CM demonstrator was going over the benefits of CM product and made a comment to the effect of, "You see some layouts that are layers and layers of paper. It takes away from your photos." That stuck in my brain. When I get scrapping I start to panic if I get too many layers going on. I rethink my layout and start removing layers.

This morning the light bulb went on. I look at cards and layouts with lots of layers..and those are the ones I am drawn to. Those are the ones I look at and think, "Why don't mine come out that good??"

So from here on out I pledge that my layouts and cards will be more like Onions....they will have layers!!

Peace Love and Scrappiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment