Thursday, March 12, 2009

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Well it wasn't a chicken dinner....it was something much better!!! (OK that all depends on who cooked the chicken dinner..but that is another story!!)

Have you taken the time to check out The Scrap Review yet??? If you said NO....What are you waiting for??? You're missing your chance for free stuff!!! It is a great new site that is dedicated to reviewing scrap products. All you need to do to win is post a comment on the product they reviewed. I won an "Antique Ledger Background" unmounted rubber stamp set from Purple Onion Designs .

I am excited to try these new stamps. I have both rubber and acrylic (clear) stamps. I love the ease of storage of the acrylic stamps. I love the crisp image the good ol' red rubber stamp gives. I even leaned toward acrylic stamps for a while due to ease of placement. Then a friend showed me how to use a stamp placement tool (Stamp-a-ma-jig) and now I use that with both rubber and acrylic stamps.

I will say I am still a beginning stamper. I use stamps in my layouts and on the cards I make. I have a hard time justifying spending money on stamps. Mounted rubber stamps are rather expensive, especially if it is a stamp (or in most cases stamp SET) that is perfect for the ONE project I am currently working on...but not much else after that. So I am kind of picky about the stamps I actually purchase. I "try" (try being the key word here) to stick to "multi purpose" stamps. backgrounds, flourishes, swirls, flowers, and key holidays (Christmas & Halloween) those types of things.

Anybody have any tips, tricks, or opinions on stamping, brands of stamps, inks, etc??? I would love to hear them!! Post a comment with your thoughts...or just say HI!!

Peace, Love & Scrappiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment